This privacy notice details what to expect when Happy Lets Ltd collects your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
You may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details essential to help you with your experience and provide you with requested services.
When do we collect information?
We collect relevant personal information verbally when you call Happy Lets Ltd with a service request, and when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use and store your information?
• To personalise your experience
• To allow us to respond to and fulfil your customer service requests, for example, we will take your name, phone number and email address so that we can contact you regarding a property viewing you wish to attend
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features
• To send periodic emails regarding your request or other products and services
· Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat it in accordance with this policy and act in accordance with GDPR current legislation. We will hold your personal information on our servers for as long as you use the service you have requested and remove it if the purpose has been met.
· When you call or email to arrange a viewing appointment, we will require your name, phone number and email address to contact you about your appointment. The appointments will be anonymised, by deleting from our software system any phone numbers and email addresses after 7 working days.
· When you enter your personal information into online property search portals such as Rightmove, On The Market or City Lets, we will be emailed the data you have supplied so that we can contact you about your request. The email we receive containing your query and personal information will be deleted as soon as the property you have enquired about has been let.
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We use an SSL certificate to protect visitor information on our site
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information over the Internet, we protect it using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
What are Cookies? Why do we use them?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser that enables the site’s/service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information. The main purpose is convenience, e.g. a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information from previous visits. Web beacons (also known as clear gif technology, or action tags) may be used to assist in delivering the cookie on our site to compile aggregated statistics about our website usage, such as how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics).
You can accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this site.
Third Party Disclosure
Any personal information you provide to Happy Lets Ltd will only be used within Happy Lets Ltd and by its service providers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside Happy Lets Ltd without first obtaining your consent unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users – for details please refer to their AdWords policy. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our website, but we may do so in the future.
We use SME software for processing and holding all information for our properties, tenants, landlords and owners’ details. Access to this information is given to the IT support for IT issues only.
We use Office365 to provide email accounts for our business. It is likely that emails stored within Office365 will contain customer information – for example, a request received to one member of the team to request a customer call back from another. The Office365 platform also includes calendars, person contact lists, task lists and notes, all of which may contain customer information. Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Mobile devices will continue to retain local ‘cached’ copies of some elements of this data. Microsoft complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks; further details are contained in their Privacy Statement.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honour do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioural tracking
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Happy Lets Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. In the case that you no longer wish for your personal information to be held by Happy Lets Ltd, you are entitled to have your information removed upon request.